This program is designed for the student pharmacy technician practitioner, it is required for them to understand their duties. This program includes the required subjects to be a professional Pharmacy Technician like Basic Pharmacy Calculations, Law and Ethics, Anatomy and Physiology, Dispensing Medications, Inventory, Customer record maintenance, Billing and Insurance.
Upon the completion of this program, the students may receive a certification of completion and will be eligible to obtain a license in the State of New Jersey, approved by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board .The program focuses their content for the students of pharmacy technician entry level professional practice.
Students completing this program of 120 hours of pharmacy technician required by the State of New Jersey will have a certification or diploma in Pharmacy Technician. This curriculum is designed to prepare a student to qualify for the PTCE.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Preparing new prescription and refill requests for patients
- Dispensing medication to patients per the prescription, or provider’s orders
- Packing and labeling a prescribed medication
- Processing insurance claims
- Tracking inventory
- Preparing compounded medications using sterile and non-sterile processes
- Filling automated dispensing machines
- Repackaging of bulk medications