Welcome to the Always Health Institute’s Comprehensive Massage Therapy Program, where we are dedicated to nurturing the art and science of massage therapy. Our program offers an extensive and well-rounded curriculum designed to equip students with the knowledge, skills, and ethical foundations needed to excel in the field of massage therapy.
This program is designed for the student massage practitioner to have a thorough knowledge of the requirements to practice therapeutic massage. To be a professional massage therapist practitioner, it is required for them to understand their duties. This program includes the required subjects to be a professional massage therapist: anatomy/physiology of the human body, knowledge of the effects of massage, techniques, and applications of massage therapy, including assessment, planning, and performance. Indications, contraindications, risks, and precautions for massage. Ethics and laws are required to practice massage.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide 30-60 minute massages to clients by appointment
- Guide clients through service offerings and determine which massages would benefit them most
- Take a detailed client history and note any health conditions
- Evaluate clients to determine painful or stressed areas of the body
- Advise clients on stretching, strengthening or relaxation methods
- Suggest future massage appointments and regime to clients
- Listen to clients during appointments and adjust technique as they desire