The Patient Care Technician (PCT) course at Always Health Institute is designed to prepare students for a rewarding career in the healthcare industry by providing the essential skills and knowledge needed to provide high-quality patient care. This comprehensive program focuses on the practical aspects of patient care, including vital signs monitoring, phlebotomy, EKG procedures, and basic nursing skills. Our program was designed considering the job market and the competitiveness of skills the employer expects from an employee.
The educational approach at the Always Health Institute is dedicated to acknowledging individual differences that impact one’s capacity to learn. It consistently cultivates motivation for ongoing learning and adaptation within the dynamic healthcare field. The institute firmly upholds the belief that an individual’s aptitude for learning is influenced by their past experiences and innate potential, allowing for learning to occur at various rates and levels.
Learning is most effective when it follows a logical sequence, progressing from simplicity to complexity. At the Always Health Institute, it is our conviction that healthcare education should perpetually reflect a student’s development of skills and theoretical knowledge essential for performing tasks such as EKG administration, blood specimen collection, proper specimen transportation to the laboratory, and various patient care competencies.
6 WEEKS TO 9 WEEKS
Responsibilities & Duties
- Keep patient rooms tidy and sanitized
- Assist patient with everyday needs (personal hygiene, using the restroom, grooming etc.)
- Monitor vital signs (temperature, pulse etc.) or EKG signals and patient condition
- Take fluid samples or other specimens for testing
- Assist nursing staff in administering basic treatments
- Perform basic nursing procedures (e.g. changing bandages)
- Ensure rooms have adequate patient care supplies
- Assist patients with particular issues or needs
- Provide appropriate emotional support