The Dental Assistant program here at Always Health Institute prepares students to provide patient care, prepare patients and equipment for dental procedures, and carry out office administrative tasks under the supervision of dentists and dental hygienists. Students will receive instruction in medical record-keeping, general office duties, reception, patient intake, scheduling, equipment maintenance, sterilization, basic radiography, pre-and post-operative patient care, chairside assisting, taking tooth and mouth impressions, and supervised practice.
To be eligible for this 72-hour non-credit continuing education, program candidates must possess at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Upon completion of the course, program graduates will be equipped with the necessary academic background knowledge and be able to work in a dental office.
6 Weeks ( Weekends)
3 Weeks (Weekdays)
Onsite and Online
Español & English
Responsibilities and Duties
- Preparing patients for dental work.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
- Assisting dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
- Providing great patient care.
- Recording treatment information in patient records.
- Exposing dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment.
- Giving patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
Years of Experience
Yes, You can take any of our courses as long as you have a TIN number.
Always Health Institute does not offer job placement but It does help find job opportunities for all of our graduates.
After Completing all course requirements, every one of our students will get a week to prepare to take the AMCA Dental Assistant Certification Test, After the test is completed you will receive your license through the mail.